We can quality assure your product already in the construction phase. For example, in the case of injection molded plastics we verify that the product is optimized for the injection molding process before we start to manufacture the tooling. This way we can minimize issues and the risk of needing to re-design the tool, delaying your products time to market.
At an early stage we can analyze and evaluate the features of a mechanical design with traditional calculation methods as well as with more complex methods. We have solid experience of evaluating mechanical designs in metal and unique expertise in mechanical designs in plastics. Normally we use Ansys, SolidWorks and Creo/Simulate to evaluate this.
Steps in the development process where FEM-analysis can play a critical part in the decision making
- Dimensioning of parts
- Selection of materials
- Weigh / material cost out
- Dimensioning for long-term loads
- Simulation of static and dynamic loads
- Mechanical impact tests
Form filling and shear analysis
Jelmtech’s experience and competence within form filling, injection molding and tooling allows us to say with confidence that the form filling analysis is one of our major areas of expertise. We use MoldFlow Insight Premium to optimize the product geometry, material selection, sprue placement / balancing, process parameters, temperature, skewing and fiber orientation.
Key questions where the form filling analysis provides guidance
- What is the best material for the product?
- Where should we place the sprues and how many do we need?
- What is the optimal thickness of the part at a specific location?
- What are the optimal process parameters for production?
- What product skewing do you get with specific design and material?